Why Are Marc Jacobs Snapshot Bags Still The Hottest Crossbody Bags?
The Marc Jacobs Snapshot bag is a rectangular shaped camera bag that is small, sporty, and exuberant at the same time. It is the exact ‘vibe’ that the American fashion designer is known for. This bag comes in multiple color combinations and is spacious with dimensions of 7″ L x 2″ W x 4″ H. Featuring a minimalistic gold Double J emblem, this bag is the perfect cross between sling bags and utilitarian satchels. The hardware detail on the bags is in gold/yellow, along with golden zippers. The original bag comes with a dust bag and care card of-course. Even the string of the dust bag is smooth and luxurious to the touch with words “Marc Jacobs” printed on it.
Made using Saffiano leather, Snapshot is a great accessory for a casual stroll as well as parties. For those who are not familiar, Saffiano leather is a treated leather made with texture pressed on it and it is one the best leathers for bags. Let’s check out more reasons to buy this bag in 2019.
THE DETACHABLE WEBBED SHOULDER STRAP
The detachable webbed shoulder strap of the Marc Jacobs Snapshot bag is the main thing to fall in love with. The varsity inspired strap adds a casual touch to the whole look that you’re pairing the bag with and makes you stand out. For the lovers of all things fancy, there are ornate versions available in the snapshot collection, like floral 3D designs, embroidered with jewels and metallic leather cut out patches. At the same time, there are basics and classics like monochrome and black and white combinations, so there’s really an option for everyone. The toned-down colors are perfect for spring, and, with the webbed strap, it offers a really nice collocation – not too girly and not too casual.
THE HOTTEST CROSSBODY CAMERA BAG
It’s the bag that’s taken over the internet right after it's launch for their Spring 2016 collection. From Hollywood celebrities to fashion influencers, this bag is a staple in every wardrobe. The snapshot bag is bound to wow any person it meets and has been one of the best-selling items on the Marc Jacobs official website. At just $295, The bag fits more than you think, as I find many camera bags do. There are two separate interior compartments with zippers and an exterior slip pocket, perfect to carry cards and some change. The leather used on the exterior is a cross-grain, which makes keeping the bag clean easy. All in all, it is well-made with great value for money.
Japanese model and actress, Maria Nishiuchi wearing a Marc Jacobs Snapshot bag
SNAPSHOT V.S SOFTSHOT
In 2018, the brand released its ‘Softshot’ range that looks much like the snapshot bags but there’s a bunch of differences that make Snapshot the all-time winner.
- Size options: Snapshot is available in one size – 18.3cm x 5.9cm x 10.5cm and it is slightly smaller as compared to the Softshot which comes in two options – 21cm x 8.5cm x 8.3cm or 27cm x 9.5cm x 18cm. However, the Snapshot is sturdier and smarter than the softshot in terms of look and feel.
- Material: Snapshot is created with a split cow leather treated with a polyurethane coating, also known as Saffiano leather. Softshot is made with full grain calf leather that is softer with a less structured silhouette.
- Pricing: Softshot is more expensive and retails for $640 or $720 as compared to Snapshot which starts at $290.
- Understated colors: The color-blocking of the Snapshot bag is one of its many outstanding features. Each bag is made of three different colors. Whereas, Softshot is made with one color.
- Strap: Snapshot comes with a polyester webbing strap while the Softshot bears a simpler leather version. However, the straps for both the bags can be changed and purchased from the collection.